Papercourt Sailing Club is in the heart of Surrey with a 45 acre lake set in woodland which is an area of Special Scientific Interest. It is easily accessed from both the M25 and A3 at Ripley. It has a large modern clubhouse, large car park and boasts some 1,100 members.
The Club is an RYA British Youth Sailing Recognised Club, was winner of the prestigeous RYA Club of the Year award in 2013 and was a former RYA Club of the Year. Although it is primarily a racing club there are opportunities for cruising most weekends, providing it does not interfere with boats that are racing, and Wednesday evenings in the summer. It is an RYA recognised training centre (for members only) and has a very strong youth section, claiming the largest Optimist fleet in the country! We operate Ladies Sailing days/evenings and have a vibrant Sailability section.
We operate a preferred class policy, see below, but will accept other dinghies with PYN between 1018 to 1646 subject to agreement by the Committee. Boat fees are payable for all boats sailed at the Club, whether or not they have an allocated space in the dinghy park.
The Application Process
If you wish to join Papercourt Sailing Club, please complete the Membership Application Form . Please don’t send any money until your application is approved.
You will then be invited to meet informally a member of the main Committee and once your application has been approved you will be asked for payment in full and to sign the Member Declaration Form
- Fees and subscriptions are not refundable.
- As a condition of membership, all members must carry out duties as allocated on the racing programmes.
- Club rules must be obeyed at all times.
- Data Protection Policy: Papercourt Sailing Club stores and processes personal data for the purposes of administration of the Club. We do not share data with third parties. We occasionally publish data for the convenience of Club members, such as telephone numbers and berthing lists. Members can request that their details be excluded from publication by informing the Membership Secretary in writing.
- Papercourt operates a preferred classes policy. Preferred classes are: Access, Enterprise, GP14, Graduate, Laser 4.7, Laser Radial, Laser Standard, Optimist, RS Aero, RS Feva, RS 200, Scow, Solo, Topper and Wanderer.