Papercourt Sailing Club is in the heart of Surrey with a 45 acre lake set in woodland which is an area of Special Scientific Interest. It is easily accessed from both the M25 and A3 at Ripley. It has a large modern clubhouse, large car park and boasts some 1,100 members.
The Club is an RYA British Youth Sailing Recognised Club and was winner of the prestigeous RYA Club of the Year award in 2013. Although primarily a racing club there are opportunities for cruising most weekends, and Wednesday evenings in the summer. It is an RYA recognised training centre (for members only) and has a very strong youth section, claiming the largest Optimist fleet in the country! We operate Ladies Sailing days/evenings and have a vibrant Sailability section.
We operate a preferred boat class policy, see below, but will accept other dinghies with PYN between 1018 to 1646 subject to agreement by the Committee. Boat fees are payable for all boats sailed at the Club, whether or not they have an allocated space in the dinghy park.
Read a copy of our brochure¬†and answers to frequently asked questions.¬†The membership application form and declaration form, and fees information can be opened/downloaded below. New members are required to pay an entrance fee on joining.
If you wish to join Papercourt Sailing Club, please complete the Membership Application Form¬†. Please don‚Äôt send any money until your application is approved.
You will then be invited to meet a member of the Main Committee, and once your application has been approved you will be asked for payment in full and to sign the Member Declaration Form.
You can access all documents by clicking on the appropriate link below.
- Fees and subscriptions are not refundable.
- As a condition of membership, all members must carry out duties as allocated on the sailing programmes.
- Club rules must be obeyed at all times.
- Data Protection Policy: Papercourt Sailing Club stores and processes personal data for the purposes of administration of ¬†the Club.¬† We do not share data with third parties.¬† We occasionally publish data for the convenience of Club members, such as telephone numbers and berthing lists.¬† Members can request that their details be excluded from publication by informing the Membership Secretary in writing.
- Preferred classes are: Access, Enterprise, GP14, Graduate, Laser 4.7, Laser Radial, Laser Standard, Optimist, RS Aero,¬†RS Feva,¬†RS 200, Scow, Solo, Topper and Wanderer.